How do you adopt Agile for SAP?
Making the transition from Waterfall to Agile can feel like a daunting task for SAP teams.
Unless you adopt a practical Agile foundation first.
Hurray, we’re going Agile...
If you’re like most large companies, you’re probably wrestling with how to be more agile.
But how do you adopt agile ways of working in a complex, integrated ERP environment like SAP?
Truth is, agile for SAP is really difficult.
But there is a way to adopt agile principles alongside traditional waterfall SAP delivery methodologies - and optimise work for more frequent, higher quality releases at the same time.
What is Kanban?
Kanban has origins in Japanese Manufacturing and is a method for managing product delivery with an emphasis on continuous delivery. Kanban is visual, it enhances the flow of work and improves quality and throughput by reducing Work In Progress.
The first step towards more agile SAP delivery is to orient you and your SAP team on the fundamentals of Kanban via our Certified Kanban Training Courses which include a specific Get Agile with SAP add-on module.
Kanban System Design.
Kanban System Design is an introductory course into Kanban practices designed to help reduce resistance to change. Learn how to design or improve a Kanban system for optimal flow and faster delivery whilst improving quality.
Many teams we talk to are overwhelmed with too much work in progress, conflicting priorities, often facing unknown blockers and drag factors that impede the teams productivity. For most teams this leads to missed deadlines and late delivery of projects which impacts negatively on team morale and future productivity.
What you'll learn on a Kanban training course
The initial 2 days will cover how to:
- Coach your team in their adoption of Kanban
- Support your team in operating a Kanban Board
- Show how you can identify and remove blockers
Why use Kanban For SAP?
Learning Kanban can help you work in a more Agile way on your S/4 programme, and is a great way of visualising workload on complex, time dependent projects like an S/4 migration. Register today to get started.
Kanban System Design Curriculum
The Why and What of Kanban:
- Kanban core practices
- Evolutionary vs Revolutionary Change
- Principles of the Kanban Method
- Core Practices of the Kanban Method
- Work Visualisation
- Push vs pull based systems
- Queues & Buffers
- Limiting Work In Progress (WIP)
- Little’s Law
- Managing Flow
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Measuring and managing flow using Lead Time
- Understanding flow efficiency
- Planning in Kanban
- Risk management with classes of service
Getting to grips with Kanban systems using get Kanban simulation
Introducing Kanban to your team
- Understanding the motivation for change
- STATIK – systems thinking approach to implementing Kanban
- Understanding sources of variability
- Analysing and shaping demand
- Visualising your workflow using a Kanban board
- Visual design of ticket types
- How to set WIP limits
- Identifying and removing impediments to flow Kaizen – continuous and collaborative improvement
- Feedback Mechanisms
- Kanban style Daily Standups
Kanban Management Professional - Day to Day Kanban Management
An advanced course that builds on the learnings from Kanban System Design. Topics covered include Feedback Loops, Operating at Scale and Effective Metrics.
Gain the knowledge necessary for roll out and daily operation of a Kanban system. Learn how to manage, optimise, scale and evolve it over time.
The follow-up 2 days will cover:
- Managing Evolutionary Change
- Overcoming Resistance to Change
- Continuous Learning through Feedback Loops
Kanban Management Professional Curriculum
- Motivation for the Kanban method and the Kanban approach to change management
- Understanding Kanban systems, Proto Kanban, Scrumban
- Dealing with emotional resistance to introducing WIP limits
- Asymmetrical commitment
- Systems Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban
- Seeing Services
- Kanban values
- Kanban cadences
- Kanban at scale – seeing the enterprise as a network of services
- Understanding lead time and managing variability
- Managing evolutionary change
- Fitness for purpose
Kanban University Certification
This course, following completion of the KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design class, satisfies the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation requirement. Attendees will receive the following recognition:
- Digital KMP status certificate attached to Kanban University website profile
- KMP badge on the Kanban University website
- KMP badge file for use in professional websites, business cards and other locations
Kanban Agile Add-On for SAP Customers
Kanban Management Professional and Kanban System Design are delivered in conjunction with Solutioneers, a Kanban University licensed training organisation.
At Resulting, we work with Solutioneers to deliver the courses in a way which is tailored to the needs of SAP programme teams.
We cover the key challenges and differences in applying Kanban in an SAP delivery methodology, plus technical tips, tricks and tools that will streamline your SAP releases.
You will also receive an ebook and an introduction to enterprise class Kanban tooling that can help drive adoption for distributed teams.
Register your interest today to start your Kanban training
If you’re interested in improving agility within your SAP delivery team and would like to attend this course, please complete an expression of interest below, stating whether you’d prefer to attend an open course or a dedicated team training programme and we'll be in touch with the next availability.
Certification from £1,795 per person*
Register your interest